Specialized service for freight by the ton
More freight can travel by carload than you might think. Specialized rail equipment comes in different sizes and shapes to fit almost any requirements. Choose equipment specially designed to transport your commodities—anything from lumber, metal and agricultural products to bulk or canned goods. A single piece of rail equipment can carry up to 200,000 pounds of freight—more than three truckloads worth. The best kinds of rail freight include dense, heavy freight that can be double stacked if palletized and doesn't require accelerated delivery. If your product meets this criteria, rail shipping could be a highly attractive and economical alternative to truckload and intermodal service. Whether you're rail-served or not, you may be able to take advantage of rail logistics.
Find competitive solutions that span across modes with C.H. Robinson. Get the greatest advantage with a rail logistics provider who has solid relationships with all Class 1 railroads and various warehousing facilities. Trust rail logistics specialists to help you determine if rail shipping is right for you, or to suggest a mode best suited to your business goals. Your freight can be easily switched from one service to another as your delivery requirements change.
Expect the highest level of rail shipping service from carload experts:
- Secure service coverage throughout the U.S. and Europe
- Trust active monitoring of your freight from origin to destination
- Track and trace your shipments with Navisphere® online access
- Run analytics and create reports to better understand historical trends and total landed costs
- Maintain a “rolling inventory” for lower costs and higher efficiency
- Access a menu of transportation and logistics services, configured to meet your unique needs
- Choose refrigerated equipment for your perishable products as needed
Learn about other services that can complement your carload freight.