Thank you for your interest in the C.H. Robinson Foundation.
What are the eligibility requirements to receive Foundation support?
To qualify for Foundation support, your charitable organization must have C.H. Robinson employee involvement and meet one of our giving priorities:
- Expanding educational success for at-risk youth
- Hunger prevention and food assistance
- Expanding and improving access to affordable housing
- Supporting immediate living needs for people in crisis
- Health — research, prevention, and treatment
In addition to meeting one of the giving priorities above, your organization:
- must be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit or public agency;
- should not be political or religious in nature—grants to organizations with religious affiliation may be considered on an exception basis, but only if the grant will be used for non-religious purposes;
- must comply with IRS regulations;
- should serve the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area or greater Minnesota; and
- must meet certain operating standards, including reasonable administrative and fundraising costs of generally less than 30 percent of the total budget.
How can my organization apply for funding?
If your organization meets the eligibility requirements above, please submit a letter of inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following elements in your letter of inquiry:
- Brief description of the organization
- Description of the project/program and how it relates to our giving priorities
- Explanation of program objectives, goals, and measurable impact
- Amount of funding requested and a description of how funds will be used
- List of current C.H. Robinson employees involved in your organization
- Unique employee engagement opportunities that would involve our employees
- Contact name and information, including an email address for further communication
What is the deadline to submit a letter of inquiry?
We review requests on a yearly basis.
- Letter of Inquiries deadline - May 1st
- Grant Application deadline (invite-only) - July 1st
- All grant notifications and award payments will be disbursed in October.
When will I be notified of the status of my letter of inquiry?
We will send you an acknowledgement that your letter of inquiry was received. If the Foundation concludes there will not be funding for your inquiry, we will promptly notify you. Inquiries eligible for grant support will be invited to participate in a grant application process.
Am I eligible for Foundation support if the 501(c)(3) status is pending for my organization?
No. Only organizations that are verified with a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status are eligible to receive grants.
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
Please contact us at email@example.com.