On this page, you will find all the information you need to become a C.H. Robinson Europe EDI contract carrier, including information on EDI capabilities, connectivity and Message Implementation Guides.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the computer-to-computer exchange of structured business documents. EDI enables trading partners to work smarter and increase productivity by automating the exchange of information. This reduces manual work, preventing delays and increasing data quality.
Benefits to your company
- EDI streamlines the sharing of data between you and C.H. Robinson Europe
- EDI significantly reduces paper work, phone calls and faxes
- EDI increases data quality and productivity by transferring data without manual intervention.
C.H. Robinson Europe supports the following carrier EDI transactions:
- Load Booking (Call Off) – C.H. Robinson Europe sends a load booking (Call Off) to a carrier. This booking will include all information as to the pick-up and delivery of the load, required dates, rates, and item details.
- Response to Load Booking – The carrier sends C.H. Robinson Europe a response to the received load booking (accept or decline).
- Shipment Status Updates – The carrier sends C.H. Robinson Europe updates to provide up-to-date status and reference information on in-transit shipments.
Our EDI Implementation Guides (English) will provide you with all the information you need to successfully exchange EDI messages with C.H. Robinson Europe.
C.H. Robinson Europe Standard Carrier EDI format
We offer a standard carrier EDI solution based on XML documents and FTP. This setup is available at minimal cost for the carrier and fast to implement.
Customized Carrier EDI format
On request we can also design a customized solution based on your specifications, at an additional fee. We support a number of formats, like EDI, EDIFACT, XML, Flat File, CSV, etc. and can connect through FTP, sFTP, AS2, and VAN.
Please contact your C.H. Robinson Europe branch representative for further information on becoming a C.H. Robinson Europe EDI contract carrier.